Protecting your personal information
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information.
Credit unions in Canada have a long history of respecting the privacy of their members. As a credit union owned wealth management company, we are committed to ensure our policies and procedures address privacy concerns.
Like the credit unions, we continue to protect your privacy and your right to control the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We have procedures in place that guide our employees and directors in maintaining confidentiality.
DEFINITIONS USED IN THIS POLICY
Thrive Wealth Management Ltd. is a local, credit union owned wealth management company providing financial planning and advice to our customers.
Thrive Wealth Strategies Ltd. is a subsidiary of Thrive Wealth Management Ltd., offering financial planning, life insurance and investments.
Personal information refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, email address, address, phone number, and other information about yourself.
Ten principles of the code for the protection of personal information
- Accountability - We are responsible for protecting personal information that is in our control or is transferred to third parties with our clients' consent. Our Privacy Officer is accountable for ensuring our compliance with the principles described in this Policy.
- Identifying purposes - The purpose(s) for which personal information is being collected will be identified, explained, and documented at the time of collection.
- Consent - We will obtain consent prior to collecting, using and disclosing personal information. Informed consent (express or implied) is required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information (except where permitted or mandated by law).
- Limiting collection - We will only collect personal information that is needed for the specific purposes we have explained to our clients.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention - We will use and disclose personal information only for the purposes we have identified to our clients, or when it is mandated or permitted by law. We retain personal information only for as long as it is necessary.
- Accuracy - We keep personal information accurate, complete and up to date as is reasonably possible.
- Safeguards - We safeguard personal information with appropriate protective and security measures.
- Openness - Within a reasonable time after receipt of a written request, we will provide specific information on our personal information management policies and procedures that is easy to understand.
- Individual access - Our clients have the right to review all personal information we have about them, except where we are required or permitted by federal or provincial law to deny access for a specific reason. We encourage our clients to verify the accuracy of the information we have and inform us of any corrections that need to be made.
- Challenging compliance - If a client has any concerns they may request that our Privacy Officer investigate the matter and respond within a reasonable time.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information to establish and operate your account(s) with us. We obtain most of the information directly from you with your consent. The decision to provide us with your personal information always rests with you. We may, however, be limited in our ability to provide you with certain products and services, if you decline to provide us with information essential to fulfill your request.
How we use personal information
The type of information that we collect will depend on the type of product or service that you have requested. This information helps us to:
- Identify you and allows us to send you statements and other important notices.
- Communicate with you to obtain instructions and respond to your requests and enquires.
- Fulfill our legal obligation to ascertain your identity and helps protect you and us from error, identity theft and fraud. We may also use this information to determine your likely interest in other products and services that we offer.
- Better understand your unique financial situation and investment needs and to help us provide appropriate investment advice.
- To help us understand your habits and preferences and to help us understand your current and future needs.
We will only collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner. The personal information collected is used exclusively for the purposes described above and for no other purpose.
Sharing personal information
We work in partnership with your credit union to provide you with an array of wealth management, insurance and other products and services. Allowing us to share your personal information with your credit union helps us fulfill our commitment to provide you with the best possible service. With your consent, we may use your personal information to offer you additional products and services to better manage our total relationship with you.
Changes to our policy
Procedures for handling privacy complaints
If you feel that the confidentiality of your personal information has been compromised, we encourage you to contact us to resolve the matter. Our complaint process is fair, impartial and confidential.
In most cases, your concern can be resolved by discussing it with your representative.
If your concerns have not been resolved by your representative to your satisfaction, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Our Privacy Officer is your point of contact if you wish to raise any matters regarding the use of your personal information.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for monitoring information collection and data security, and ensures that Thrive Wealth Management and Thrive Wealth Strategies employees receive appropriate training on privacy issues and their responsibilities under the code of protection of personal information. Our Privacy Officer also handles all privacy inquiries and personal information access requests under the code.
Contact our Privacy Officer at:
Thrive Wealth Management Ltd.
2600 Victoria Ave.
Regina, SK | S4P 1K2
On our website, we collect only personal information that is required to improve the services we offer, to improve our website content and, with your permission, to contact you with information about our services. We will not share any personal information obtained on this website with any other organization without your express knowledge and consent.
You can visit all public areas of our website without providing any personal information. Our website collects only non-personal information based on a visitor's Internet Protocol (IP) address (this is not personally identifiable). Information collected includes the date and time of visit, the type of Internet browser used to access the website, the referring address (the link a visitor uses to access the site). This data is used to create statistics on website usage and improve online services.
In certain areas of our website, you may be asked to provide information that allows us to enhance your website visit or to answer any inquiries you may have about our products and services. Your participation is optional.
If you send us an email, any information provided by you will be kept confidential and used only for the purposes of responding to your inquiry or acting on your request. We will not use your name or email address for any other purposes without additional consent.
To communicate with us electronically, we strongly recommend that you use our Contact Us feature. This feature provides a secure channel for sending us comments, questions or general requests.
When you email us using our Contact Us feature, if you provide us your email address we may use it to correspond with you. We do not recommend using unencrypted email to send us personal information as this type of email is not secure. For your own security, you should never put your account information in an email. Thrive Wealth Management will never ask you to provide, confirm or verify personal, login or account information through regular email.
Please note that we cannot do any financial transactions or answer account-specific questions by email because we need to verify your identity.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites that are part of, affiliated, or have a business relationship with Thrive Wealth Management. When you leave our website to visit one of these other sites, the only information transferred to the new website is the fact that you came from the Thrive Wealth Management website (the referring address). Transmission of this referring address allows other websites to monitor their own web traffic, and does not disclose any personal information about you.
Customer Testimonials and Comments
We may post customer testimonials and comments on our websites, which may contain personal information. We obtain each customer's consent prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link located on the bottom of the emails, by contacting us directly at email@example.com, or by sending us postal mail to:
Thrive Wealth Management Ltd.
2600 Victoria Ave.
Regina, SK S4P 1K2